Sunday, October 9, 2011

Thanksgiving

Most people think that Thanksgiving weekend is suppose to be a break. A time to relax and spend with family and friends. This is not true when you are attending nursing school. Thanksgiving is a time to lock yourself in a room and prepare for midterms, assignments, presentations, and anything else the professors decided will help you have an enjoyable weekend (can you tell that I am being sarcastic). Really I have no idea why things need to take place all in one week but they do, lucky me.

I am also blessed to be a wife and mother (I am not being sarcastic here I am really blessed). Being a Mom and a wife on top of this does not help my studying efforts because unlike most of my friends who are not married, have no children, or both I can not lock myself in a room and pretended that I have no life but school. In fact while I do my school work I need to make sure that James has something to colour or he might attempt to colour on my school work, I need to prepare and feed Josiah a bottle so that he is content to play and I need to prep dinner so my husband has something to eat all while I study for midterms and complete assignments. No I am not complaining I do truly love my life just sometimes I wish it did not have to be so crazy. But 'sniff' that is the life of a wife, mother, and nursing student.

But enough of that this is a time to be thankful for what we have and I sure have a lot to be thankful for; two beautiful baby boys, a loving and supportive husband (who puts up with me and my moods), supportive family and freinds and the reminder that "I can do all things through Christ who strenthens me" (philippians 4:13). I could not ask for more and I thank God every day for blessing me with all these blessings.

I need to get back to studying now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment